Sailed from Portsmouth to Cowes

When a group of fellow MBA students organised a sailing trip from Portsmouth to Cowes, I signed up!

We met on Friday afternoon at Haslar Marina, in Gosport. The group had chartered two boats, and when I arrived I was told that the bigger boat was shorthanded and invited to join them. Um, yes, please!


We spent a gorgeous late afternoon relaxing on the boat before motoring up to Port Solent for dinner.


Portsmouth harbour was REALLY interesting - we went past the Historic Dockyard and HM Naval Base




And watched the sun set over the harbour.



The next morning (well, sort of morning), we set off for Cowes.


And arrived in plenty of time to chill before dinner!


This was the view from my berth on Sunday morning.


We had a truly stupendous weekend - the weather was perfect, the boats were really nice, and the company was fabulous. I also have some stupendous bruises on my arms from climbing up the mast to sort out the mainsail, but they're worth it!

Comments