Went to Glyndebourne

I had the chance this summer to see an opera at Glyndebourne, which was an incredible experience. It was an early Mozart opera that I wasn't familiar with at all, Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail (The Abduction from the Seraglio). It was definitely of its time, and slightly odd in terms of plot, but the whole day was an incredible experience.

We dressed to the nines, as you do, apparently.


The weather was absolutely stunning:



We all had our picnics during the "long interval" out on the lawns. I was expecting it to be crowded but there was plenty of room (no, this was not Central Park during Summerstage when your blanket is touching all the surrounding blankets). And these were some serious picnics - we were quite restrained but made use of the fancy picnic set and some very yummy food and wine.

It was definitely a see and be seen evening!



Not sure if I'll have an opportunity to go back, but I'm really glad it was something that I experienced!

Comments