Ran for 20 Minutes

I started the Couch to 5K program back at the end of July. This morning, I did the final run in week 5, which is to run for 20 minutes without stopping. I'm not fast and it's not pretty, but I was SO pleased with myself when I did it.

This is a picture from one of my first runs:


I've decided that I am now A Real Runner, and so yesterday added to my running accessories. I bought the waist pack a few weeks ago, so that I had somewhere to put my phone and keys while running, as I thought that running with my phone in one hand and my keys in the other was going to end in tears. I treated myself to a new sports bra (I'm so glamorous) and a pair of Real Running Shoes. I'd been running in my somewhat ancient New Balance sneakers, and so I went to the Intersport in Bury and had my gait analysed. These Hoka One One felt (and looked, according to the gait camera) the best, so I bought them. No, I'd never heard of Hoka either. 


I'm still sort of mystified by the whole thing, and was surprisingly emotional when I finished the 20 minutes (yes, I was that crazy sweaty person crying and smiling while walking along the path this morning). I was also a bit terrified at the thought of running without Couch to 5K's Laura cheering me on, but thankfully there are more podcasts for when you finish the initial program. I'm obviously not the only one!

Comments