Watched Mr Peabody & Sherman

I had a Tesco Clubcard voucher for Cineworld that was about to expire, so I took myself off to see Mr. Peabody & Sherman.

I think I was the only kid-less grownup in the theatre. Never mind. I didn't have to share my popcorn, play referee, or take anybody to the bathroom in the middle of the movie.

The premise: overachieving Dog (Mr. Peabody) adopts a Boy (Sherman) and they have adventures in a time machine.

I thought the movie was really funny - there were several very witty one-liners and the historical aspects of the movie were entertaining without being preachy or dull. The kids and the grownups laughed in different places, which is always good.

My favourite line: Mr. Peabody makes a cocktail and declares that it is called Einstein on the Beach. Oh, tee hee.

I wouldn't say it's a must-see but it was a very entertaining 90 minutes.

Comments